We provide core insulation solutions directly to OEM offsite construction, tailored to your needs for:
- 2D insulated elements – flat structures assembled into a modular construction.
- 3D or Modular Systems – full structures with walls, floors and ceilings that can be built from 2D systems.
Offering a unique consultative approach, we support you through our stone wool specialists – from product ordering to implementation – to ensure a seamless process that creates a high-quality end product. Our local experts collaborate to understand your products, production facilities and market needs to deliver bespoke insulation that suits your requirements.
We work alongside OEMs to:
- Help you meet strict timelines
- Optimise your process through just-in-time delivery and correct material volumes
- Provide quality assurance during testing, regulation and certification stages
- Offer customer service and supply chain communication throughout
- Provide you with a bespoke and successful solution that addresses challenges around cost, design and warranties. This can help your 2D and 3D modular constructions work towards achieving BOPA accreditation.
ROCKWOOL core insulation also harnesses the 7 Strengths of Stone, providing benefits including:
- Improved fire safety – A1 classified non-combustible insulation. Our stone wool does not emit toxic smoke and is designed to slow the spread of flames.
- Sustainability – our solutions are circular, boost energy efficiency, are backed by environmental product declarations (EPDs), and can help prefabricated buildings conform to sustainable building schemes.
- Thermal properties – provides effective protection against both cold and heat.
- Acoustic performance – sound absorption helps to controls echo, while sound insulation stops noises travelling to other rooms.
Our high-quality stone wool can improve the durability, fire resilience and acoustic absorption of prefabricated elements. It retains its dimensional stability and thickness with no shrinkage or sagging over time, ensuring the strong thermal and mechanical performance of your elements.
Custom core insulation is designed to effortlessly fit in with your manufacturing process, for easy integration. Thickness tolerances can reach +/- 0.5mm to ensure an accurate cut for your prefabricated building elements.
Once we have produced your tailored solution, we thoroughly test it on site so we can be sure it delivers maximum performance when integrated into your prefabricated building elements or systems. All solutions are rigorously tested and backed by Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs).
We can also support you with any third-party standardisation tests. This includes attending such test sessions, talking you through the results and what they mean for your products.