Older buildings use suspended timber floors to avoid decay over time, but this can lead to significant heat loss. ROCKWOOL insulation uses the power of stone1 to maximise a building’s energy efficiency and retain heat for the lifetime of a building2.
Even with concrete ground floors, there’s still the need to reduce heat loss to ensure a building is energy efficient. Help your projects achieve these goals more easily with the simple installation of ROCKWOOL insulation.
Our stone wool traps heat and prevents cold air getting in from beneath the insulation, so warm air can circulate within the building. This helps to maintain temperatures throughout the building and to reduce energy bills. In hot climates the reverse effect can be observed.
ROCKWOOL suspended floor insulation products are also:
- Fire resistant with most of our products meeting A1 Euroclass specifications
- Adaptable to changing design plans, and can be reused when a floor is modified
- Sustainable and eco-friendly
- Easy to install
- Capable of absorbing noise and vibration
- Cost-effective solutions for potentially expensive problems