Empowered to meet technical challenges
Providing operations with high-end technical solutions and ensuring continuous improvements, you will play an important role in our continued expansion worldwide. From day one, you will get responsibilities to engage in projects and help solve operational challenges. In our team-oriented environment, you will work among colleagues who are highly skilled and passionate about what they do. The variety of possibilities and the empowerment we provide, will allow you to grow and gain new experiences.
Sr. Electrical Engineer – Ranson, WV
Travel the world and contribute your solid understanding of Electrical Engineering as you work with a great team of talented engineers! Work on large scale projects from A-Z to design and plan efficient installation and commissioning of production equipment solutions!
Join our ROCKWOOL Group Technology team and together, we will create and deliver machines and production equipment as well as entire production lines for our international factory sites.
This position is located on site at our Ranson, WV office, a short drive from Northern VA, with the opportunity to work on projects for extended periods of time in Europe and/or Asia.
This is the Role:
Projects may vary, from small machine deliveries and engineering support, to participation in large international green field factory projects. Projects are mainly to be executed in North America, but may include projects in Europe or Asia. Your role is as the expert and key provider of design solutions.
- Full responsibility for project execution on site for a specific part of the project (melting, forming or confectioning)
- Produce electrical designs (drawings and/or specifications) of production equipment
- Ensure necessary expertise from other departments, including environment, safety, mandatory minimum requirements (MMRs) will be included in the solutions
- Communicate with suppliers to place orders and follow up to secure compliance with specific design needs
- Make sure all documentation/reporting is done and archived following CE directives (European standards – safety certification of equipment) and ROCKWOOL Group Technology rules, and available tools
- 30% travel (roughly 100 days/year) outside of North America, primarily to Europe, is to be expected for project execution, including supplier visits, coordination, etc.
- Prepare budgets and develop tender material for suppliers
- Mastery of company rules for purchase, secrecy and obligation to treat know-how confidentially
- Demonstrate adherence of company’s code of conduct/values while representing company with external contacts
This is What You Offer:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering with former experience as a mechanic or craftsman a plus
- 5+ years of experience working with site installation, electrical design, machine construction, design specifications
- Work collaboratively and efficiently with partners and colleagues across divisions and borders
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to make decisions
- Fluent in English
This is What We Offer:
At ROCKWOOL, our culture is one of teamwork, respect and support. We offer a competitive salary, rewarding career and comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
- 401K Match - up to 6%
- Life and Disability Programs
- Flexible Work from Home policy
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Fitness reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
ROCKWOOL is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.