Turning stone into remarkable products
Transforming natural resources into high-quality stone wool products puts you at the center of what makes ROCKWOOL successful in its industry. In our technologically-advanced production environment, you work closely with skilled colleagues who all strive to improve and optimize our manufacturing processes. You are offered the opportunity to work in an organization which cares about its employees and has a people-driven culture.
At Rockfon, we improve wellbeing with everyday acoustics. As a part of our team, you contribute to improving wellbeing all across the world by creating happy and healthy indoor space. Our complete acoustic solutions ensure that people have better sleep quality, children have more effective learning, patients have faster recovery times and everyone can experience great shows in music halls. With our customer-oriented, dynamic and entrepreneurial team, you will have a great deal of challenging and fun assignments.
This is the role:
2nd Shift Automation Technician
You will support production and other departments by troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, upgrading, and building machinery as directed by preventative maintenance (PM) plans, work orders, and calls. In this role you will continuously improve methods, techniques, machinery, and other as needed to positively impact the organization. The Automation Technician troubleshoots and repairs robotics, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems, electro-mechanical control systems, and supports the PLC based control systems.
Key Responsibilities & Job Content
- Focus on our highly automated production lines including metal forming, vision systems, robotics, state of the art packaging systems, etc.
- Install, maintain, and repair production machinery and equipment.
- Plan maintenance and repair procedures. This will include power, electric, and electronic control. Diagnose problems. Determine what repairs are required and what equipment, supplies, and skills are needed to complete the repairs.
- Plan sequences of operations for fabricating & installing new machinery.
- Submit purchase requisitions or make components for assigned repairs.
- Operate machine tools as required to install and repair equipment (for example, torches, welders, drill presses, parts cleaning, band saws, forklifts, jib hoists/cranes, high lifts, and rigging equipment).
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment. Closure of maintenance work orders in a timely manner with a high level of quality. Experience using a CMMS system to manage work orders and PM tasks is a plus.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area for all employees. Maintain compliance with all safety policies and standards.
- Train new/current employee in basic machine operations to increase machine knowledge to maximize utilization; relieve operators and setup personnel, as necessary.
- Recommend & execute cost saving improvements, safety, and ergonomic improvements.
- Ensure comprehensive and complete communication with oncoming shift.
- Work with outside contractors and maintain positive, long-term relationships with suppliers. Utilize a variety of communication tools including cell phone, email, text, Zoom, Teams, Skype, etc in an international setting.
This is what you offer:
- College level degree in the field of Engineering Technology.
- Minimum of 5 years of automation maintenance experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems experience required.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding in troubleshooting electro-mechanical control systems and PLC based control systems, relay ladder logic, and PLC troubleshooting.
- Experienced in general mechanical maintenance of production machinery to include reading blueprints, pneumatics, hydraulics, and ordering machine parts.
- Possess knowledge of electrical wiring repairs and installation, AC/DC controls, blueprints, schematic diagrams, pneumatics, and hydraulics diagrams. Must have the ability to document control circuits and keep track of changes to PLC programs.
- Ability to use a variety of small hand tools, power tools, hoists, and material handling equipment.
- Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and ability to communicate with all level of employees and suppliers.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and troubleshooting software.
- Must provide own hand tools.
- Ability to stand much of the time , able to lift 50 lbs, and availability to work overtime when necessary.
This Is What We Offer:
Our culture is one of teamwork, respect and support. We are proud to be able to offer a comprehensive benefits package and flexible work environment, including but not limited to:
•6% 401K Matching
•100% Tuition Reimbursement Program
•Flexible Work from Home Policy *remove if this is a role that cannot be done remotely at all*
•HDHP plan with Health Savings Account option
•No cost Life & Disability Benefits
If you're looking for a well-paying job and the potential for a rewarding career, please apply now! Apply