Shift Mechanic Job Summary
The maintenance department at ROCKWOOL is instrumental in maintaining efficiency and effectiveness on the production line. From the failure analysis of equipment to supporting day-to-day maintenance of line operations, Industrial Mechanics are responsible for the safe operation, repairs and troubleshooting of industrial machinery. Conduct regular maintenance and, providing basic training to machine operators and upgrade existing equipment when warranted to minimize downtime and allow the line to run continuously for longer periods of time. Performing as a Mechanic at ROCKWOOL, you will be part of a shift that’s also responsible for preventive maintenance (PM) including equipment, calibration and problem diagnosis for your assigned area. Reporting to the Shift Team Leader, the Mechanic will be expected to provide service and support for all company equipment and buildings within budgeted costs, to pursue plant improvements and to improve cost effectiveness in their assigned area.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities of a Shift Mechanic?
· Perform preventative maintenance and regular inspections of parts and equipment for signs of wear or damage and replacing or repairing to ensure safe operation of industrial equipment and production uptime.
· Diagnose machinery malfunctions and troubleshoot issues during line operation by investigating mechanical issues on equipment in assigned area.
· Analyze results of equipment maintenance and repairs while also taking responsibility to provide basic training and mechanical expertise to operations team.
· Adhere to established ROCKWOOL safety, quality and environmental standards to identify and mitigate quality or environmental risks and issues.
· Successfully set priorities through Daily Direction Setting and effective escalation of issues to the Shift Team Leader.
What professional skills and qualifications do you need for the role of a Shift Mechanic?
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· 5 years’ practical experience in a continuous flow manufacturing or industrial environment and working with automated equipment required.
· Welding, hydraulic, pneumatic and conveying systems experience required.
· Grow and develop the team by sharing knowledge / experience.
· Act as a ROCKWOOL ambassador demonstrating our core values of Ambition, Integrity, Responsibility and Efficiency.
· Demonstrated or proven:
o Organizational and analytical skills;
o Basic computer knowledge and skills;
o Acute attention to detail;
o Written and verbal communication skills;
o Problem-solving and trouble shooting skills;
o Accuracy and data integrity.
What are the physical demands for a Shift Mechanic?
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The job is physically demanding at times and
requires manual dexterity, eyesight, mobility and requires a high level of concentration.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to, stand/or sit, squat, turn/twist, reach, use hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to hear, walk, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, and smell.
The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 60 pounds and/or occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 120 pounds with another person, shovel heavy waste to shoulder height.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
What is the typical work environment at a ROCKWOOL manufacturing facility?
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At ROCKWOOL, safety is priority number one! We continuously strive to create safe and healthy work places and conditions for all employees. We provide all associates with personal protective equipment to include high visibility safety vests, safety glasses, shoes, gloves and head protection.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, background check, physical fitness test, and WorkKeys assessment.
ROCKWOOL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.Apply
Operations & Production
Operations & Production
Operations & Production