Synchronizing flows from manufacturing to distribution
Our global team aims to support our customers most efficiently, ensuring a great customer experience while harmonizing our internal processes – from the factory floor and warehouse to product distribution. Being a large organization with high volumes, we play an important role in leaving a sustainable footprint. Whether you work in a strategic or operational role, you will be working in a team-oriented and dynamic environment with a strong customer focus. You will take part in transforming our supply chain towards a digital future.
ROCKWOOL UK are currently looking for a Senior Process Controller to join their busy Logistics team. Please see details of the role below.
Job Purpose & Scope
Assist the Warehouse Supervisor in maintaining the smooth operation of a fast-moving environment. Responsible for the day to day management of people within the 3 shift warehouse function, to ensure company's targets and objectives and daily priorities are met to meet customer requirements, ensuring that employees comply with health, safety and standard operating procedures. Responsible for housekeeping standards and continuous improvement within the warehouse.
Key Responsibilities & Job Content
- To own and supervise the dedicated 3 shift warehousing team through coaching and training to allow for continuous improvement and achieve consistent performance across shift.
- Working directly alongside the 4 shift Warehouse supervisor to ensure all KPI, OTIF & efficiency Metrics are met throughout the team, allocating the correct labour to all logistics area’s as per loading schedule.
- Contribute and assist leading the Oobeya meetings daily to reinforce the ROPEX culture, allowing direct reports to express thoughts and ideas.
- Ensure that all department metrics are continually updated on Ropex team boards where daily/weekly JDI are completed to the correct standard. E.g. stock takes, housekeeping, daily check sheets, standard work activities.
- To maintain operational efficiency measures and remain compliant with the Warehouse Management System and production schedule, where pro-actively seeking enhancements to current system and implementing changes.
- Working alongside supervisor and piers across all shifts, ensuring SOP standardisation and implementation of best practice and new processes.
- Prioritising the hour by hour activity of the shift to ensure that warehouse throughput key figures and daily targets are continually achieved, whilst analysing current processes and encouraging Continuous Improvement suggestions from the team.
- To make decisions on daily operational issues, reporting daily activities of the shift, and to ensure all relevant distribution groups / individuals are informed as required.
- Liaising directly with transport planning and customer services, ensuring that all queries are dealt with regarding production plans, stock levels, transport, and customer related team enquires.
- To provide leadership to all 3 shift direct reports, taking full responsibility for the development of the function and its personnel. Developing Warehouse Operators in line with the PDR program and identifying the gaps.
- Full control of the team’s sickness, absence management, return to work, interview of concerns and disciplinary policies & procedures, to be followed and completed to the correct standard.
- Ensure Time and Attendance system for the area is up to date and accurate. To manage holidays in line with policies, and operational requirements, liaising with the supervisor to ensure sufficient coverage.
- To ensure all H&S activities, practices and regulations are completed, this includes operator FLT checks, safety inspections and tours, Gemba walks and Risk Assessments of the logistics areas.
- To ensure high standards of housekeeping are maintained within the logistics area, initiating continuous improvement ROPEX projects to develop good housekeeping through 6S principles and efficiency increases.
- Ensuring teamwork is always maintained, where assisting the teams loading processes will be required when relevant.
- Distribution of all relevant and accurate information to the teams and encourage feedback via open communication channels with the W/H Supervisor. Relation to Safety, Quality, Delivery, Customers etc.
- Presenting & reporting of daily metrics and performance to the Logistics Operations Manager.
- This role will report directly to the site’ Logistics Operations Manager.
This is what you offer:
- Apprenticeship/graduate or Logistics background desirable.
- Communicate and present at all levels; verbally, written and electronically, with a confident approach. Manage and empower those in your team.
- Ability to drive change in increase efficiencies into the department - implement continuous Improvement solutions.
- Independent working, where you must have a high level of personal motivation, working to targets, always challenging and striving to improve inefficiency.
- A formal supervisory qualification and knowledge of Lean Six Sigma/5S principles is desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of Real Time Warehouse Management Systems / SAP would be an advantage.
- Experience of managing significant numbers of staff in a unionised environment.
- FLT / Counterbalance license.
This is what we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 30 days’ annual leave
- Cashback Healthcare Scheme
Would you also be proud to enrich society like we do? Apply now to join us improving modern living conditions for millions of people worldwide.
Closing Date: 6 August 2021 Apply