Turning stone into remarkable products
Transforming natural resources into high-quality stone wool products puts you at the center of what makes ROCKWOOL successful in its industry. In our technologically-advanced production environment, you work closely with skilled colleagues who all strive to improve and optimize our manufacturing processes. You are offered the opportunity to work in an organization which cares about its employees and has a people-driven culture.
At ROCKWOOL, health and safety is integral to our core values. Our goal is and always will be to achieve zero lost time incidents (LTI) as underlined in our yearly safety campaign “Ambition zero – together!”. It is the main task of the measurement technician, in direct reference to the department manager of Operational Excellence, and in cooperation with the rest of the factory organization, to perform tasks of environmental process matters. These include ensuring that requirements are met with regards to measurement tasks and reporting, in accordance with environmental permits and governance systems.
This is the role:
- Plan and perform emission measurements at the ROCKWOOL RAN5 factory.
- Ensure compliance of set measurement methods and analysis methods, when environmental measurements are made. Ensure measurements meet ROCKWOOL Group standards.
- Compile operational data from Production in connection with emission measurements, data processing and writing of reports.
- Assess whether the results of measurements conform with the terms of environmental permits and requirements of internal inspection.
- Ensure that environmental breaches are reported to the immediate manager, so reports can be made to the supervisory authority and factory management.
- Ensure compliance of guidelines for internal inspection and calibration of environmental measuring equipment.
- Ensure optimum operation of continuous equipment for measurement of emission parameters such as dust, CO, ammonia, including calibration of CEMS (Continuous Measurement Monitoring System) equipment.
- Analysis of environmental and process data in collaboration with Production and Maintenance departments for troubleshooting and documentation of environmental registration equipment.
- Complete emissions measurements and work environment measurements in connection with trials, process optimization, new production equipment, new melting raw materials etc.
- Complete measurements with assistance from FTIR, for operational optimization and process control, including quality assurance and evaluation of measurement results.
- Perform Dust Trax Measurements as required by Group SHE.
- Ensure environmental documents are revised and updated in the document management system.
- Attend & participate in environmental audits (ISO14001).
- Processing and collection of data regarding SUS (Sustainability) goals.
This is what you offer:
- Relevant qualifications and work experience within this area
- Technical skilled – being able to fix small failures in equipment
- Always careful with your measurements and result handling
- Knowledge of ISO 14001
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience from similar position
At ROCKWOOL, safety is integral to our core values! We continuously strive to create safe and healthy work places and conditions for all employees. We provide all associates with personal protective equipment to include high visibility safety vests, safety glasses, shoes, gloves and head protection.
While performing the duties of this job, the work environment consists of an indoor, work or home office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting, and low noise levels. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may also be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, and background check.
ROCKWOOL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apply