Turning stone into remarkable products
Transforming natural resources into high-quality stone wool products puts you at the center of what makes ROCKWOOL successful in its industry. In our technologically-advanced production environment, you work closely with skilled colleagues who all strive to improve and optimize our manufacturing processes. You are offered the opportunity to work in an organization which cares about its employees and has a people-driven culture.
Position: Facilities Safety Lead
At Rockfon, we improve wellbeing with everyday acoustics. As a part of our team, you contribute to improving wellbeing all across the world by creating happy and healthy indoor space. Our complete acoustic solutions ensure that people have better sleep quality, children have more effective learning, patients have faster recovery times and everyone can experience great shows in music halls. With our customer-oriented, dynamic and entrepreneurial team, you will have a great deal of challenging and fun assignments.
Our purpose is simple and compelling: To release the natural power of stone to enrich modern living. ROCKWOOL products save energy and water and reduce CO2 emissions, protect buildings from the spread of fire; reduce waste; improve acoustic comfort, building performance and aesthetics; and enhance Precision Growing, thereby improving the efficiency of fresh food production. While the stone we use may be millions of years old, what we do with it is cutting-edge.
Every day, ROCKWOOL colleagues are developing and applying new technologies to release yet more potential of stone wool to enrich modern life. Would you also be proud to enrich society like we do? Apply now to join us as we improve modern living conditions for millions of people worldwide.
Rockfon is part of the ROCKWOOL Group and is offering advanced acoustic ceilings and wall solutions to create beautiful, comfortable spaces.
Job Purpose & Scope
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Facilities Safety Lead will take the lead for all items in the Facilities, Safety, & Security areas for Rockfon’s Chicago location. The purpose of this position is to ensure building systems are operating as needed, and that the location is safe and secure. Building systems will be maintained and improved as required to meet company needs. Company and OSHA safety standards, along with company security standards, will be maintained and/or improved as needed.
Key Results Area
- Provide an accident free workplace; maintain a safe work environment and ensure behavioural safety initiatives are completed.
- Ensure no business operation interruptions or slow downs occur due to facilities, safety or security issues.
- Maintain and improve facilities, safety and security as dictated by company and governmental policies.
- Control and reduce costs within targets by efficiently and effectively planning and managing work.
- Assist HR with Workmen’s Comp Claims.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with all internal customer and outside contacts.
- Maintain and improve all facility & security systems/procedures, inside and outside the buildings, via internal and external contractors and labor.
- Maintain compliance with OSHA & governmental codes such as building, fire, water, etc.
- Project management (start to finish) including justification, and implementation of minor to major facilities and security capital improvement projects and programs.
- Lead in continuous improvement of facilities, safety, & security to reduce risk and negative impacts to personnel and the business.
- Provide day to day support including daily coordination of one permanent laborer onsite along with outside contractors as needed.
- Coordinate, track, and report out on all major facility, safety, and security metrics and initiatives.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and drive for resolutions for facility, safety, and security issues.
- Read and interpret schematics/prints for buildings, roofs, electrical, fire, plumbing, etc.
- Interpret laws, rules, regulations, and codes pertaining to occupational safety and security issues to ensure compliance to OSHA, governmental and company safety & security policies as applicable.
- Hold training sessions on safety and security for employees, contractors, & visitors.
- Perform adequate control of outsourced security functions to ensure conformance.
- Report “Good Catches” and incidents in RockSHE(safety/security program), extract learnings and make necessary changes.
- Maintain and develop partnerships with local government and private safety & security entities.
- Program and issue new employee key card access badges at the time of hire, and help enforce badge policy.
- Ensure evacuation routes/training, first responders, medi-rooms, etc are maintained/improved as needed.
- Some hands-on work will be required for troubleshooting and repair.
- Must be willing to work irregular hours during emergencies to ensure continued business operation and minimize loss of production. (minimal to none)
- Must be able to withstand prolonged standing and walking, along with the ability to distinguish colors
- General mechanical and electrical knowledge and aptitude required
- Less than 5% travel required on an as needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned that are within the capability of the employee
What You Bring
- 10 Years’ experience in a similar role or 5 years’ experience and a certification/degree in Facility Management, Industrial Engineering, Operations, Safety, or similar
- Health and safety trained
- Good project management skills
- MS Office proficient
- Well organized & independent
- Ability to understand and implement actions to adhere to government regulations
- Hands on mechanical/electrical aptitude
This Is What We Offer
Join a rapidly growing stable organization that offers a range of career development opportunities with a comprehensive salary and benefits package.
ABOUT ROCKWOOL North America
At the ROCKWOOL Group, we are committed to enriching the lives of everyone who comes into contact with our solutions. Our expertise is perfectly suited to tackle many of today’s biggest sustainability and development challenges, from energy consumption and noise pollution to fire resilience, water scarcity and flooding. Our range of products reflects the diversity of the world’s needs, while supporting our stakeholders in reducing their own carbon footprint. Stone wool is a versatile material and forms the basis of all our businesses.
With approx. 10,500 passionate colleagues in 38 countries, we are the world leader in stone wool solutions, from building insulation to acoustic ceilings, external cladding systems to horticultural solutions, engineered fibres for industrial use to insulation for the process industry and marine & offshore. We encourage you to join our team Apply