Enabling our business and people to grow
Together with your team, you will drive organizational performance by supporting leaders and their teams to deliver on business goals, thrive and grow. You play a key role in ensuring we build the right capabilities and encourage behaviors that support a high engagement level throughout the organization. In any role you pursue within the HR field, you will face opportunities that demand your skill, dedication and integrity and provide you with personal and professional development. You will be part of making ROCKWOOL an attractive and sustainable employer – for both existing and future employees.
POSITION: HR Manager
The ROCKWOOL Group’s main business area is building insulation, providing thermal comfort along with fire safety and acoustical comfort for all types of buildings.
This is the Role:
Reporting to the Senior Human Resources Partner, Canada you will be based out of our factory in Grand Forks, BC and will be responsible for providing human resources management services to all salaried and hourly employees.
Key Results Areas:
- Lead, coordinate and document the collective bargaining process.
- Participate in and document all meetings between management and the union.
- Coach and train factory management team and supervisors to implement changes made through new policies and procedures
- Source and provide salary information required to attract and retain competent staff, direct and indirect.
- Assist factory manager with position descriptions, annual performance reviews and the salary review process.
- Benefit administration responsibilities for all factory employees, both direct and indirect.
- Claims Management activities for all short and long term disability claims to minimize duration and resulting cost impact.
- With H&S Manager, coordinate a Return to Work program for any workplace injury, short term disability or long term disability claims.
- Provide assistance in identifying internal candidates for career advancement.
- Identify the need for courses, seminars and educational materials
- Assist in the delivery of internal training programs as required
This is what you offer:
- Post-secondary degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a progressive human resources position.
- Experience in unionized environment
- Collective agreement bargaining experience as asset
- Project implementation and start-up experience an asset
- Experience with High-volume recruitment efforts
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment.
- High drive, commitment and self-motivation.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- CHRP designation preferred.
If you recognize yourself in this opportunity, please apply, sending an English version of your resume.
ABOUT ROCKWOOL North America
At the ROCKWOOL Group, we are committed to enriching the lives of everyone who comes into contact with our solutions. Our expertise is perfectly suited to tackle many of today’s biggest sustainability and development challenges, from energy consumption and noise pollution to fire resilience, water scarcity and flooding. Our range of products reflects the diversity of the world’s needs, while supporting our stakeholders in reducing their own carbon footprint. Stone wool is a versatile material and forms the basis of all our businesses. With approx. 10,500 passionate colleagues in 38 countries, we are the world leader in stone wool solutions, from building insulation to acoustic ceilings, external cladding systems to horticultural solutions, engineered fibres for industrial use to insulation for the process industry and marine & offshore. We encourage you to join our team! Apply