Empowered to meet technical challenges
Providing operations with high-end technical solutions and ensuring continuous improvements, you will play an important role in our continued expansion worldwide. From day one, you will get responsibilities to engage in projects and help solve operational challenges. In our team-oriented environment, you will work among colleagues who are highly skilled and passionate about what they do. The variety of possibilities and the empowerment we provide, will allow you to grow and gain new experiences.
POSITION: MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
The ROCKWOOL Group’s main business area is building insulation, providing thermal comfort along with fire safety and acoustical comfort for all types of buildings.
This is the role:
The main purpose of the job as Grodan Manufacturing Engineer is to optimize performance efficiency on the Grodan production line(s), by coordinating tasks that require continuous improvement skills, project management skills, and automation programming knowledge. This position is based out of the Factory in Milton, ON.
This is what you offer:
- 2 to 5 years Manufacturing Engineering experience, preferably in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with high volume automation equipment consisting palletizing equipment, saw boxes, foil packers, grinders, lasers, drilling units, of complex equipment, robots, and conveyors.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Proficient in MS Office products, including Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, and other CAD software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills:
- Ability to communicate complex/ technical information to general employee population.
- Recognizes sense of urgency in communicating information to the appropriate parties.
- Ability to interact and communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Team oriented.
- Works in cooperation with Production, Quality, and Maintenance to evaluate performance of the equipment and process.
- Identifies continuous improvement opportunities of the process and related equipment.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve problems related to equipment, methods, materials, operators, measurement, and environment .
- Creates, reviews, modifies, and assists in planning preventative maintenance for Grodan equipment in cooperation with Total Preventative Maintenance Supervisor.
- Supports new-hires by training, evaluating, mentoring, and developing their operational skills.
- Contributes to on-going development of key operators.
- Contributes to cross-training of operators to ensure backups for key equipment.
- Continuous reporting and improvement/development of KPIs.
- Checks and comments on scheduled KPI reporting with regard to overall equipment effectiveness of the production line.
This is what we offer:
Join a rapidly growing stable organization that offers a range of career development opportunities with a comprehensive salary and benefits package. ROCKWOOL is an accessible employer.
If you recognize yourself in this opportunity, please apply, sending an English version of your resume and cover letter. Apply