Join an organization of passionate individuals working together as part of a team helping make ROCKWOOL the world leader in stone wool solutions. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package as well as resources to support career advancement.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities for this role?
We are hiring a Team Leader that will be focused on among other areas the safety, quality, delivery, and cost of our operations. This individual will also have Technician direct reports and we are looking for a candidate that can get the most productivity out of his or her workers, create an environment of positive morale, and that has an attitude and approach of continuous improvement. The Team Leader will report directly to the Area Manager of the Ranson, WV facility.
See below for a more in-depth list of tasks for this position:
- Safety - Avoid incidents by ensuring 'zero safety incidents' mentality and culture in his/her area
- Quality - Avoid incidents by ensuring 'zero quality incidents' mentality and culture in his/her area
- Delivery - Ensure volumes are produced in time and in full against production plan while maintaining accurate inventories for process order reconciliation and closure
- Productivity - Execute the volumes and PKFs with the planned and budgeted headcount
- Cost - Deliver the volumes within the available budget and improve cost over time through systematic Loss Elimination, Identify and eliminate losses
- Morale - Build and grow high-performing teams in his/her area, coach and develop the line teams, and put in place a backup and succession plan
- ROPEX - Own one element for the area, priority Setting through daily direction setting and effective escalation of issues, and deliver continuous improvement through effective problem solving and PDCA thinking
What skills are we looking for in applicants?
- Minimum of 2-3 years in your current role with proven leadership skills and capability
- Act as a ROCKWOOL ambassador demonstrating our values
- Lead by example as a role model of standards and behavior
- Build capability through Learn - Do - Teach
- Grow team capabilities through effective coaching and feedback
- Empower the team by growing autonomy
Join our mailing list
Keep updated with the latest job openings and career fairs, news, and information on the ROCKWOOL development in Ranson, Jefferson County by subscribing to our eNewsletter.