An incredible 28 percent of people living in cold homes are at risk of developing multiple health problems – caused by lack of warmth.
Incorrectly insulated basement accommodation can be a significant contributor to this – while correct installation can improve warmth and comfort in the cellar space, and rooms above.
ROCKWOOL basement wall insulation substantially increases comfort and liveability, thanks to the 7 Strengths of Stone3.
Advantages for basements and cellars include:
- Fire protection – more basement flats are being created, presenting new fire risks. ROCKWOOL insulation can withstand temperatures above 1000°C4.
- Temperature maintenance – heat loss through walls is reduced, levelling temperatures and creating a comfortable environment5.
- Robust – ROCKWOOL insulation leaves no gaps in-between layers and doesn’t sag over time, ensuring lifetime performance6.
- Flexible – our insulation is simple to install in-between wall studs and is adaptable to different below ground wall surfaces7.
- Water repellent and air permeable – stone wool insulation repels water where required but is also breathable, reducing the risk of damp occurring8.