Fire Marshal's Public Fire Safety Council
ROCKWOOL is a proud sponsor of the Fire Marshal's Public Fire Safety Council (FMPFSC), a non-profit organization dedicated to providing fire safety solutions, strategies and resources in the community with the ultimate goal of improving fire safety.
The council was established in Ontario in 1993 and has since provided over 1 million dollars in services to the public.
Lead by industry fire experts, the council delivers its services and education abiding by these core principles:
- That the citizens of Ontario have a right to life in an environment safe from fire
- That awareness of fire safety is critical in modifying behaviour that results in injury and loss of life, either directly or indirectly
- That to educate the entire population of Ontario in fire safety, we must be sensitive to its particular needs and address them (disabilities, age, vulnerable groups, diverse needs of the community, etc.)
- That there is value in consulting with stakeholders in fire safety; therefore, we must promote and develop innovative partnerships with the broader public and private sectors
- To provide access to high quality programs
- To strengthen the relationship with the Office of the Fire Marshal and other partners
Learn more about the Fire Marshal’s Public Fire Safety Council
Together with its sponsors; FMPFSC has developed fire safety tips to keep you and your loved ones safe.
- Remove all clutter from your basement and/or attic
- Install smoke alarms on every floor and outside sleeping areas
- Replace smoke alarm batteries yearly and replace alarms every 10 years
- Ask your local fire department for a home inspection
- Never overload electrical circuits
- Check every room for electrical hazards
- Create a fire escape plan with your family and have two ways out of each room where possible
- If your smoke alarm sounds—get out and stay out!
- Have a fire extinguisher on every floor and know how to use it
- Never leave a stove unattended while it is in use
Source: Fire Marshal’s Public Fire Safety Council
Fire Safe North America
ROCKWOOL is a proud member of Fire Safe North America, a coalition of experts, organizations and association members that represents manufacturers and suppliers who provide fire safe products, materials and systems.1
Among many, ROCKWOOL and the ROCKWOOL group pride themselves on their product's fire-resistant properties. These properties could mean extra minutes to escape in the event of a fire. With the help of Fire Safe North America, we’re able to spread the word about the importance of building with fire-safe materials and the long-term effects these choices have on our buildings and the environment.
About Fire Safe North America
Mitigate the immediate and long-term impact of fire and smoke for building stakeholders by promoting effective safety layering through building code and policy development.1
Coalition of stakeholders dedicated to the advancement of resilient building design and construction through safety layering resulting in effective fire and life safety.1
Fire Safe North America has a strong and active role in the codes and standards development process through the National Fire Protection Association and the International Code Council, as well as extending their efforts to include codes and standards involvement in Canada. Through various committees and study groups, Fire Safe North America will be a resource for articles, test reports, research documents and other information promoting the need for fire safety layering in building design.1
Join Fire Safe America
1 Fire Safe North America, https://www.firesafenorthamerica.org/about-fire-safe-north-america/