This CEU course will discuss some introductory terminology and concepts as they relate to sound and acoustics in the building envelope.
We will examine current codes and standards provisions for acoustics across various jurisdictions, and will discuss techniques and considerations that can be used when designing exterior wall & roof assemblies and interior wall systems for sound acoustic performance.
- Understand common terminology and concepts as they relate to acoustics.
- Understand principles for designing high performance acoustic assemblies as well as leave with some example combinations of materials for both walls and roofs designed specifically for acoustics
- Examine the acoustical benefits of stone wool versus other insulation materials in roofing and wall applications.
- Discuss the acoustic codes and standards that are currently in place with specificity on occupant comfort in commercial buildings
Date: May 21st, 2020
Time: 11:30am EST
- Jon Ram, Architectural Specification Manager
- Johnathan Subramaniam, Technical Support Specialist