The technology of indoor environmental comfort
Since the 1980s, manufacturers of HVAC equipment have been striving to make the systems they manufacture more efficient. Originally driven by rising energy costs, and more recently driven by increased awareness of environmental issues, the need to reduce our energy consumption and reliance on fossil fuels is driving the need to improve efficiency whilst maintaining safe and healthy building conditions
This CPD focuses on providing an understanding of the standards and guidance relating to the HVAC industry in addition to total insulation solution applications to provide the comfort, health, and safety to the buildings we work, rest and play in.
The main functions of heating, ventilation and air conditioning are associated, working in combination to provide thermal comfort and acceptable indoor air quality. The initial and longer-term costs and benefits relating to the installation, operation, and maintenance of these systems is a key consideration when specifying.
HVAC is an important part of building structures and effective insulation of these systems is crucial to achieving compliance with regulatory requirements and to obtain performance measures. The correct specification of insulation solutions will help to improve the impact on the environment, save costs, improve the energy efficiency of systems and protect the people within.
- Gain an understanding of the harmonized standards and guidance documents which govern the performance of insulation products
- Determine how these standards are applied to HVAC products
- Ease of access to supporting information for specification
- Understand the thermal benefits of stone wool HVAC insulation
- Realise the importance of fire safety in HVAC applications
- Contribution of stone wool insulation systems to improve acoustic comfort and living standards of building occupants
- Awareness of building requirements and guidance which govern the specification and performance of these applications
- Total application solutions to enhance performance with multiple benefits