Fire in any area of a building can cause significant damage and disruption, and the roof is no different. Moreover, a roof can contribute to fire spread between internal areas of a building where it passes over the heads of compartment walls.
This CPD focuses on providing an understanding of the major risks and causes of roof fires, and how these can be mitigated using non-combustible insulation solutions.
Learning objectives of this CPD include…
- The wider impacts of roof fires
- The major causes of roof fires
- Regulations and the impact of the façade combustible ban on roofing applications
- Understanding BS EN 13501-5 ‘BROOF (t4)’
- Understanding product combustibility
- ROCKWOOL products and solutions for flat roofs