ROXUL SAFE™ is a lightweight, semi-rigid stone wool insulation that provides superior fire resistance and sound control.
ROXUL SAFE™ is UL and Intertek approved as a forming material for numerous firestop systems. This product is designed to fill perimeter gaps between concrete floor slabs and exterior wall systems, between firewalls and ceiling slabs, and around conduit pipes and duct openings through walls and floor slabs.
Together, ROXUL SAFE™ and CURTAINROCK® 40/80 provide a comprehensive critical line of defense in fire protection that has been UL/ULC tested and approved for perimeter fire containment.
- Non-combustible stone wool insulation with melting point of approx. 1177°C (2150°F)
- Does not promote smoke or flame spread when exposed to flame
- Minimal shrinkage to maintain critical line of defense against fire
- Low thermal conductivity
- Water and moisture resistant; does not absorb moisture to maintain insulating value
- Does not rot or promote the growth of mildew, fungi or bacteria
- Can be faced with reinforced foil facings
- ROCKWOOL® can contribute to earning LEED® points