CURTAINROCK® is a lightweight, semi-rigid stone wool insulation board
CURTAINROCK® is a lightweight, semi-rigid stone wool insulation board designed specifically for use in curtain wall systems. It is especially suited for backpan or mechanical fastening applications. ROCKWOOL® offers CURTAINROCK®, CURTAINROCK® 40, and CURTAINROCK® 80 to meet a wide variety of curtain wall specifications.
CURTAINROCK® 40/80, when paired with ROXUL SAFE™, provides a comprehensive critical line of defense in fire protection that has been UL/ULC tested and approved for perimeter fire containment.
- Low moisture sorption rate; effectively drains water away from exterior walls
- Delivers higher R-values for lasting thermal protection
- Non-combustible product with a melting point of approximately 2150°F (1177°C)
- Sound absorbent
- Chemically inert; non-corrosive
- Repels water, does not rot or promote the growth of mildew, fungi or bacteria
- Can be fabricated and faced with reinforced foil facings
- Approved for use as a component of UL-approved systems
- ROCKWOOL® can contribute to earning LEED® points