ROCKWOOL ROXUL Safe®
Designed to provide enhanced fire protection in perimeter fire containment systems, floor and wall through penetrations, construction joints, and other fire stopping applications. These products are non-combustible, fire resistant, and will not develop toxic smoke or promote flame spread even when exposed directly to fire. Moisture-resistant, mildew-resistant, and non-corrosive, ROCKWOOL ROXUL Safe also helps to reduce noise transmission into and out of the building for improved occupant comfort.
When ROXUL Safe® is used with ROCKWOOL Curtainrock®, it provides a comprehensive fire-stopping system that has been UL/ULC/Intertek tested and approved for perimeter fire containment systems. Fire stopping insulation should be installed per the listed assembly with compression fitting requirements to form a tight seal between the floor line and exterior curtain wall assembly in perimeter installations so that flame and hot gases cannot pass through the joint. For through penetrations and construction joints, ROXUL Safe® should be cut as needed for compression fit leaving no voids.
Download the Perimeter fire containment system technical guide to learn more
- Noncombustible stone wool insulation with a melting point of approximately 2150°F (1177°C)
- Does not promote smoke or flame spread when exposed to flame
- Experiences minimal shrinkage to maintain critical line of defense against fire
- Has low thermal conductivity
- Is water and moisture resistant; does not absorb moisture to maintain insulating value
- Does not rot or promote the growth of mildew, fungi or bacteria
- Is approved for use as a component of UL-and Intertek-approved systems
- Can earn LEED credits