Curtainrock® is a semi-rigid stone wool insulation board designed for curtain wall installations
Designed to provide enhanced fire protection in curtain wall and perimeter fire containment systems. These products are non-combustible and fire resistant and will not develop smoke or promote flame spread when exposed to fire. Curtainrock is also moisture resistant, non-corrosive and provides reliable long-term thermal performance for your wall assembly.
ROCKWOOL offers Curtainrock, Curtainrock 40 and Curtainrock 80 to meet a wide variety of curtain wall specifications. Choosing the correct product is dependent on the specified perimeter fire containment system chosen for the project. ROCKWOOL Curtainrock is a component of a variety of UL listed perimeter fire containment systems.
Curtainrock 40 is designed to meet listing requirements for curtain wall insulation with a minimum nominal 4 PCF density. Curtainrock 80 is designed to meet listing requirements for curtain wall insulation with a minimum nominal 8 PCF density.
- Has a low moisture sorption rate; effectively drains water away from exterior walls
- Delivers higher R-values for lasting thermal protection
- Is a non-combustible product with a melting point of approximately 2150°F (1177°C)
- Is sound absorbent
- Is chemically inert and noncorrosive
- Repels water; does not rot or promote growth of mildew, fungi or bacteria
- Can be fabricated and faced with reinforced foil facings
- Is approved for use as a component of UL-and Interek-approved systems
- Can earn LEED® credits