ROCKWOOL Comfortboard® 80 Thermal Insulated Sheathing
ROCKWOOL Comfortboard® 80 is a rigid stone wool insulation board designed for use as an exterior continuous insulation in residential and commercial construction.
Comfortboard 80 does not produce smoke or propagate flames, providing a critical line of defense that keeps occupants safe and reduces property damage in the event of a fire.
This stone wool product has been certified by the California State Fire Marshall's Building Materials Listing Program (BML). Vapor permeable, Comfortboard 80 has the added benefit of allowing fast outward drying. The insulation also reduces thermal loss resulting in improved long-term thermal performance.
- Can be easily cut with a bread knife
- Non-combustible with a melting point of approximately 1177°C (2150°F)
- Excellent sound absorbency
- Vapor permeable
- Does not rot or promote the growth of fungi or mildew
- Low moisture sorption
- Chemically inert; non-corrosive
- CFC- and HCFC-free product and process
- Made from natural & recycled materials
- ROCKWOOL® can contribute to earning LEED® points