LUL Intumescent Sealant
This water-based sealant contains an acrylic emulsion which makes it appropriate to seal various underground joints that may pose a fire risk. Suitable for sealing a wide range of materials, ROCKWOOL LUL Intumescent Sealant can be used to treat the joints in masonry walls, steel to masonry, softwood to masonry, timber to masonry, as well as plasterboard. To add extra peace of mind, this product is best used in conjunction with any ROCKWOOL LUL approved slab. Part of the ROCKWOOL FIREPRO© range, this sealant ensures maximum protection should there be a fire, where it will expand and block any crevices in the joints to stop the passage of smoke and fire.
- ROCKWOOL LUL Intumescent Sealant fully complies to BS476: Part 20 (1987) regulations.
- LUL Approved
- IFC Certified
- Assured protection – ROCKWOOL LUL Intumescent Sealant offers up to 2 hours of fire resistance, providing reliable fire protection.
- Permanent service utility – this product can be used to protect non-combustible steel pipes of up to 60mm wide, and multicables with diameters up to 15mm.
- Ease of installation – requires no ancillaries, which makes it a cost-effective solution for fire stopping.
- Versatility – suitable to use to seal various fire rated walls and door frames, including those made from masonry, steel, softwood, timber and plasterboard.
For NBS clauses, refer to the ROCKWOOL Red Book