SP Firestop Fixing Brackets
The ROCKWOOL SP FireStop System has been created to maintain essential fire compartmentation. As a system, it is designed to form cavity fire stops within buildings and provide crucial resistance against fire spread. ROCKWOOL SP Fixing Brackets are supplied in standard sizes of SP/S (small) for widths of up to 100mm, SP/L (large) up to 400mm and *SP/XL up to 600mm. The brackets are supplied in cardboard boxes of 50 pieces, flat packed and designed to be easily re-profiled by hand during construction. To ensure compliance with the fire test certification, ROCKWOOL SP Fixing Brackets must be used to install the ROCKWOOL SP Firestop system. The ROCKWOOL SP FireStop Fixing Brackets can be re-profiled by hand and cut as necessary to allow at least 75% penetration of the SP Firestop slab. SP FireStop Slabs can be cut on site to suit cavity widths, with a sharp knife or insulation saw. The SP FireStop Fixing Brackets should be installed in accordance with the guidance contained within the technical datasheet and mechanically fixed using fixings suitable for the substrate.
- LPCB Certified
- LUL Approved
- Versatile – the SP FireStop System is suitable both horizontally and vertically as fire stopping and to maintain compartmentation within masonry constructions, curtain walling systems and large cavity voids.
- No specialist tools required – the SP FireStop Fixing Brackets are designed to be re-profiled by hand, during construction.
- Flexible - the SP FireStop System may be installed horizontally or vertically and is suitable for cavity widths between 50mm and 600mm. SP Firestop can also be used horizontally in cavity widths up to 1000mm. Please contact ROCKWOOL Technical Solutions for fire resistance ratings in voids over 600mm wide.
- Up to 2 hours fire resistance – the SP FireStop Fixing Brackets contribute to the system’s significant protection against fire ensuring stability of the product.
- SP Firestop systems have been successfully tested in cavity widths up to 1000mm. Please contact ROCKWOOL Technical Solutions for fire resistance ratings in voids over 600mm wide.