Remove 'The' - Soffit Slab has been created to provide a cost-effective fire resistant and thermal insulation solution for structural elements such as concrete car park soffits. The Soffit Slab is manufactured from non-combustible rigid ROCKWOOL® board and has been designed with a variety of facings.
To suit requirements of design schemes, it is available with a black or white tissue facing, aluminium foil facing, un-faced and also with a non-combustible high impact board. The rigid ROCKWOOL insulation board also offers excellent thermal and acoustic performance - available in various thicknesses, it provides up to 4 hours fire protection for concrete soffits. The ROCKWOOL® Soffit Slab has water repellent and breathable properties.
The durability of the product increases further when used in combination with the 6mm non-combustible high impact option. The use of the two products together provides increased impact resistance and are available in thicknesses from 136mm to 166mm in 10 mm increments.
- Non-combustible Euroclass A1 / Euroclass A2-s1, d0 (High Impact Soffit Slab)
CE marked in accordance with BS EN 13162*
*not including High Impact Soffit Slab
- Easy to install - installation requires contractors to simply butt together at joints. The Soffit Slabs are also easily cut to accommodate services - when fixing a tile or modular system, it is advisable to start with a focus reference slab in the centre of the soffit with subsequent slabs being fixed working towards each edge. The use of string lines or laser alignment equipment will assist in ensuring alignment and squareness of the installation.
- Excellent thermal performance – ensuring that heat loss is minimised
- Compatability – the ROCKWOOL® Soffit Slabs are chemically inert and suitable for use with most materials with which they are likely to come into contact with in normal building applications.
- Proven fire resistance – the Soffit Slabs have been tested in-situ on a concrete soffit for insulation and integrity to BS 476:Part 21:1987 to offer fire protection to reinforced concrete floors.