Fire Barrier Systems
As a labour saving, easy to install fire resistant insulation product, the ROCKWOOL Fire Barrier systems offer essential prevention against fire and smoke in hidden spaces. As part of the comprehensive ROCKWOOL FIREPRO® range of products, the ROCKWOOL Fire Barrier systems feature a patented 'Quick Fix' support system, which offers a quick, cost effective solution for fire resistant periods of up to 60 minutes.
The ease of installation significantly reduces the risk of error, whilst extended drops can be catered for as the system has been tested to perform in void heights of up to 10.5 metres. As vertically hung Fire Barriers, they are able to offer integrity and insulation protection periods from 15 to 120 minutes, in addition to the friction fitted Fire Barrier Slab which also provides 60 minutes integrity and insulation. It is ROCKWOOL’s essential insulation performance, that effectively limits heat transfer through the barriers. This ensures that the heat transfer to the non-fire side is minimised to prevent the ignition of any combustible materials in close proximity to the barrier.
- ROCKWOOL Fire Barrier and Fire Barrier Slab achieve a reaction to fire classification of A1 as defined in BS EN 13501:1
- Fire barrier Systems have been independently tested and assessed to BS 476: Part 22 by accredited laboratories.
- LPCB Approved ref: C022c
- The Fire Barrier system has been authorised for use in LUL surface and sub-surface premises (LUL Ref: 2230 & 2231) when installed in accordance with the data sheet.
- Patented quick fit system providing fire resistance for up to 1 hour.
- Acoustically effective – contributes to improved sound reduction benefits as the correct use of Fire Barrier within structural cavities and voids will minimise transmitted sound.
- Quick installation – the Fire Barrier Systems can be fixed to concrete decks, timber and steel meaning that the cost of installation is reduced, and the speed of installation is increased.
- Flexible – the ROCKWOOL Fire Barrier has a 25mm galvanised wire mesh for increased strength. Available with an aluminium foil face to reduce the passage of smoke.