Steel Frame Slab
Manufactured using ROCKWOOL stone wool, Steel Frame Slab has the highest Euroclass A1 non-combustible reaction to fire. Acting as a barrier to fire, the slabs can withstand temperatures of up to 1,000°C.
The use of stone wool insulation also makes Steel Frame Slab an effective thermal insulator, maintaining comfortable indoor environments by protecting against fluctuations in outdoor temperatures. ROCKWOOL Steel Frame Slab has been tested to BS EN 13162, achieving a thermal conductivity of 0.034 W/mK.
The tailored dimensions and lower weight of the slabs makes handling and installation quicker and easier, as well as minimising waste. The optimised product weight also increases the coverage per pack and compression packing technology improves both transport and storage efficiency.
ROCKWOOL Steel Frame Slab has been developed with non-directional stone wool fibres, meaning it absorbs noise and keeps its shape over time. The dimensional stability supports performance for the lifetime of a building by preventing sagging or slumping within the frame.
- Euroclass A1 non-combustible
- CE Marked
Refer to the ROCKWOOL Red Book for all your product specification needs, including NBS clauses.
- Non-combustible and non-toxic, rated Euroclass A1
- Low thermal conductivity of 0.034 W/mK
- Outstanding noise reduction
- Durability over the lifetime of a building – no sagging or slumping
- A sustainable solution, recyclable and produced from an abundance of volcanic rock
- Water repellent and vapour permeable, helping to prevent rot and mould