PWCB Cavity Barrier
ROCKWOOL TCB Cavity Barrier and PWCB Cavity Barrier products have been created to provide excellent levels of fire stopping for timber frame and masonry properties. They have been designed to meet building regulation requirements for fire resistance in concealed wall cavities, having been tested and assessed for up to 60 minutes’ integrity and insulation, exceeding the minimum requirements.
These cavity wall insulation products have been created from non-combustible stone wool and wrapped within a resilient polythene sleeve which acts to provide weather protection during installation. The sleeves are also colour-coded to differentiate between the two products, the TCB’s are red and the PWCB’s are white. An all in one solution, the ROCKWOOL PWCB cavity barrier also achieves the trilogy of requirements for fire safety, acoustic flanking and thermal bypass in one single product whilst providing effective perimeter edge sealing, reducing the leaking of air and associated heat loss.
- Euroclass A1 fire rating
- Tested and assessed for up to 60 minutes fire resistance (integrity and insulation) in accordance with BS 476: Part 20
- Fire protection - ROCKWOOL TCB Cavity Barrier and PWCB Cavity Barrier products have been developed to exceed minimum Building Regulation requirements for fire resistance within concealed wall cavities.
- Resilient performance – the TCB Cavity Barrier and PWCB Cavity Barrier is not affected by movement in a building, shrinkage or thermal change.
- Durable – the barriers continue to withstand on-site handling once installed in a build.
- A vertical or horizontal solution – ROCKWOOL Cavity Barriers can be used in both vertical and horizontal applications. In vertical applications, both flanges of the Cavity Barrier can be fixed to the inner leaf at 150mm centres, using staples or clout nails prior to compression fitting by outer cavity wall. In horizontal applications, only the top flange of the polythene sleeve should be fixed.
- Acoustic protection – ROCKWOOL Cavity Barriers prevent flanking noise transmission, along concealed cavities in both external and separating walls.