RockLap H&V Pipe Sections
ROCKWOOL RockLap H&V Sections are pre-formed sections of stone wool insulation, manufactured pre-slit for ease of application and have a layer of factory applied foil facing and a self-adhesive lap. The self-adhesive lap allows the sections to be snapped onto the pipework, then backing tape used to completely seal the joint.
The sections have been designed to provide acoustic and thermal insulation to heating, ventilation and air conditioning pipework, from temperatures of 0˚C to 250˚C. In addition to insulating to save energy and minimise heat loss, insulation is required to services and equipment for other specific criteria such as Frost Protection, Condensation Control, Personnel Protection and Acoustic Control.
RockLap H&V Sections are used for heating and ventilation pipes in a range of settings, through buildings, plants and other structures. The sections have been proven to deliver high performance thermal insulation in a range of settings with varying climates and degrees of exposure for over 60 years.
ROCKWOOL H&V Pipe Sections have been successfully tested for providing fire stopping to steel & copper pipe penetrations where they penetrate fire resistant walls and floors. This allows for H&V pipe sections used for thermal insulation to pipework to be continued through fire resistant
constructions without the need to be locally removed or replaced thus saving time and reducing labour costs.
- CE marked in accordance with BS EN 14303
- Tested to BS EN 1366-3 to provide up to 120 minutes fire resistance
- Fast and simple to apply, reducing install time and labour costs.
- The requirement for taping is significantly reduced due to the integral self adhesive overlap. Taping is only required at adjoining lengths to maintain the vapour tight seal.
- ROCKWOOL RockLap H&V Sections achieve a European Reaction to Fire Classification of A2L-s1,d0 - Non-combustible (Classifications for linear pipe thermal insulation products are followed by the sub-index ‘L’ (for example, A2L).
- The sections are resilient and high performing provided in a one-piece, with reinforced foil and integral lap.
- RockLap H&V insulated services are tested to maintain the fire resistance of compartment walls & floors