Tested to the latest Harmonised European standard, BS EN 13381-4:2013, ROCKWOOL Fire Tube has been developed as a rigid pre-formed section to protect structural circular steel elements, as well other infrastructure such as process, sprinkler and service pipes. Manufactured from stone wool insulation, it offers cellulosic fire protection, with additional thermal and acoustic qualities.
Fire Tube is available to suit common metal structural column and pipe diameters in the range between 21 to 438mm and is available un-faced or with an optional aluminium foil facing. Recognised for its high-quality protection, Fire Tube is listed in the ASFP Yellow Book and endorsed by the Steel Construction Institute. The section factors A/V (Hp/A) for standard structural steel sections can be found in the ASFP Yellow Book or can be calculated for each element.
- Non-combustible (A1 in accordance with EN13501-1
Tested and assessed by Warringtonfire (Report No: WF 433895)
- Simple to install - all ROCKWOOL to ROCKWOOL joints of the Fire Tube (including the partially split ‘hinge’ and the tube ends)are to be applied with FIREPRO® Glue prior to application.
- Flexible range – offering a range of thicknesses to accommodate specific steelwork, pipe and content fail temperatures.
- Bespoke – each is individually manufactured to fit pipe and CHS sizes up to 610mm outside diameter.
- Proven reputation – successfully incorporated into builds for over 40 years.
- Easy to handle – the Fire Tube product is light and easy to cut into shape using a saw or a sharp knife.