SP Firestop OSCB
Designed for use only in conjunction with ROCKWOOL RAINSCREEN DUO SLAB, SP Firestop OSCB forms an open-state cavity fire barrier within a rainscreen cavity.
The product comprises of a continuous intumescent strip fixed to the leading edge of a foil faced stone wool barrier, encapsulated by a weather-resistant polythene sleeve.
Fully tested to ASFP TGD 19, the combination of non-combustible insulation with an effective intumescent supports the construction of safe façade systems and aids the design of high-rise buildings over 18m in height.
Installed horizontally and designed to ensure an appropriate open air space is maintained, SP Firestop OSCB is suitable for cavity widths up to 600mm (OSCB 25) and 425mm (OSCB 44).
Refer to the ROCKWOOL Red Book for all your product specification needs, including NBS clauses.
- Fully tested to “ASFP Technical Guidance Document 19: Fire resistance Test for ‘open-state’ cavity barriers used in the external envelope or fabric of buildings”
- Up to 120 minutes fire integrity and insulation
- Provides 25mm or 44mm airspace
- Satisfies NHBC and CWCT guidance for ventilation gaps at fire barrier locations
- Weather resistant
- Easy site storage and handling