Join an organization of passionate individuals working together as part of a team helping make ROCKWOOL the world leader in stone wool solutions. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package as well as resources to support career advancement.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities of this role?
We are seeking a high-energy experienced HR Professional to join our team as an HR Manager for our Ranson, WV factory. You will be an integral part of the local management team as well as the North American HR team and will oversee all aspects of the local HR practices and processes. You will develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives that align to and support the overall business strategy and objectives. As an employee champion and change agent, you will bridge management and employee relations with a goal to promote employee engagement while enabling business success through HR management.
- Develop & implement HR strategies and initiatives that align with the business strategy & objectives
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues, conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Partner with Recruitment Specialist to manage the local recruitment efforts and selection process
- Conduct new employee orientation and exit interviews
- Maintain employee personnel files
- Partner with Compensation & Benefits Specialist to support and manage local comp plans and benefit programs
- Develop, monitor and continuously improve overall HR strategies, systems, processes & procedures
- Oversee and manage the performance management system to drive high performance
- Partner with Learning & Development Specialist to assess training needs, provide training solutions and monitor training programs
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state & local employment laws
- Provide day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, etc…)
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Analyze trends, market data and metrics in partnership with HR Management to develop solutions, programs, and policies
- Nurture a positive work environment
- Report and analyze HR metrics to measure effectiveness and support decisions
What skills are we looking for in applicants?
- Minimum of 7 years experience resolving complex employee relations issues
- Working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines including compensation, recruitment, employee relations, diversity, performance management, benefit programs, and employment law
- Experience and knowledge of HR systems, WorkDay experience a plus
- People oriented and results driven
- Ability to build and manage working relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of labor law & HR best practices
- BS degree in Human Resource Management or related field or equivalent work experience
- SHRM certification a plus
Note: some out-of-area travel will be expected with the possibility of some out-of-country travel.
Join our mailing list
Keep updated with the latest job openings and career fairs, news, and information on the ROCKWOOL development in Ranson, Jefferson County by subscribing to our eNewsletter.