DuctRock® Slab is composed of high density, non-combustible mineral wool insulation, finished with a high emissivity black foil facing. FIREPRO® Glue and high performance Black Aluminium Foil Tape are available for sealing all board joints. The DuctRock® Slabs are readily available in three thicknesses, are easy to handle and simple to install. The slabs can be installed using stud welded pins, steel washers and FIREPRO® Glue, and are easy to cut with a hand saw or circular/table saw.
DuctRock® Slab has been tested to the latest harmonised European standard and is capable of achieving a fire resistance up to EI 120, up to 2-hours’ fire protection for rectangular ventilation and smoke extract ducts and up to 1 hour fire protection to ducts with a combustible lining (kitchen extract) ducting. The solution is typically used in commercial and industrial settings where they travel throughout the building passing through fire rated walls and floors.
- DuctRock® Slab has been tested in accordance with BS EN 1366-1 for ventilation ducts and BS EN 1366-8 for smoke extract ducts
- Fire resistance up to 2 hours for ventilation and smoke extract ducts
- Comprehensively tested on both vertical and horizontal ducts through fire rated walls and floors.
- The versatility of DuctRock® Slab means it can be used across a wide range of duct types.
- The high quality black foil finish offers additional design freedom and identifies the product as the BS EN tested solution.
- DuctRock® Slab has a patented dry-wall penetration detail.