ROCKWOOL International of Denmark is the world's leading producer of stone wool insulation made from natural stone and recycled slag. ROXUL Inc. is the North American operation of ROCKWOOL International which includes Grodan, ROCKWOOL Technical Insulation (RTI) and ROCKFON®. Headquartered in Milton, Ontario, ROXUL North American production facilities are located in Milton, ON, Grand Forks, BC and our newest factory in Byhalia, Mississippi which was built to keep pace with increasing global demand for stone wool insulation. ROCKWOOL Technical Insulation services the Industrial, Marine and Off Shore Market while ROCKFON is a leading provider of acoustic stone wool and metal ceiling solutions and suspension systems headquartered in Chicago, IL with production facilities in Baltimore, MD and Chicago. All of our employees operate within a culture of trust and empowerment allowing for freedom and cooperation resulting in measurable positive business results.
This is the role:
- The Key Operator goal is to produce quality mineral fibre ceiling tile products with the Company’s parameters of quality, material efficiency and time efficiency.
- Maintain a clean safe and efficient workplace without jeopardizing product quality or the environment.
- Set up and operate the following machines: glue application station, fleece station and hot press machine, cutting station, edge milling, edge grinding, paint station, drying chambers, roller coater
- Trouble shoots equipment and acts as a first line defence for mechanical issues, working in conjunction with the Maintenance Department for resolution to additional mechanical issues.
- Plans product changes to have the least amount of stress put on the equipment as possible
- Monitors production line to ensure product is produced with the least amount of downtime and waste
This is what you offer:
- High school diploma or equivalent, Associates degree or higher preferred
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) minimum score of sliver, with at least one core area receiving a level “5”
- Minimum competency score on HUCAMA personal test
- Proficient computer skills
- Personal drive and commitment to continuous improvement
- The ability to read and understand written instructions and product specifications
- Willingness to contribute to, implement and adhere to ROXUL Operational Excellence