General Line Operator
ROCKWOOL International of Denmark is the world's leading producer of stone wool insulation made from natural stone and recycled slag. ROXUL Inc. is the North American operation of ROCKWOOL International which includes Grodan, ROCKWOOL Technical Insulation (RTI) and ROCKFON®. Headquartered in Milton, Ontario, ROXUL North American production facilities are located in Milton, ON, Grand Forks, BC and our newest factory in Byhalia, Mississippi which was built to keep pace with increasing global demand for stone wool insulation. ROCKWOOL Technical Insulation services the Industrial, Marine and Off Shore Market while ROCKFON is a leading provider of acoustic stone wool and metal ceiling solutions and suspension systems headquartered in Chicago, IL with production facilities in Baltimore, MD and Chicago. All of our employees operate within a culture of trust and empowerment allowing for freedom and cooperation resulting in measurable positive business results.
This is the role:
- Set-up and monitor labeling system for packing equipment for Batt Packer line, Auto-sealer, Bemis Bagger, Shrinkwrap line
- Require granulated waste wool when needed
- Monitor packaging line for shot, procure and burns and follow rejection procedures for product that is out of specification
- Package all products according to [product/customer specifications
- Ensures that all products meet minimum or better quality specifications, including but not limited to: Product thickness (oven, splitting saw); correct density of product correct binder and oil content (monitor pumps)
This is what you offer:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience in machine set-up and computers
- Must have a good understanding in operating equipment in order to clear equipment safely.
- Good understanding of H+S requirements and works in a safe manner.
- The ability to read and understand written instructions and product specifications
Join a rapidly growing stable organization that offers a range of career development opportunities with a comprehensive salary and benefits package.