ROCKWOOL International of Denmark is the world's leading producer of stone wool insulation made from natural stone and recycled slag. ROXUL Inc. is the North American operation of ROCKWOOL International which includes Grodan, ROCKWOOL Technical Insulation (RTI) and ROCKFON®. Headquartered in Milton, Ontario, ROXUL North American production facilities are located in Milton, ON, Grand Forks, BC and our newest factory in Byhalia, Mississippi which was built to keep pace with increasing global demand for stone wool insulation. ROCKWOOL Technical Insulation services the Industrial, Marine and Off Shore Market while ROCKFON is a leading provider of acoustic stone wool and metal ceiling solutions and suspension systems headquartered in Chicago, IL with production facilities in Baltimore, MD and Chicago. All of our employees operate within a culture of trust and empowerment allowing for freedom and cooperation resulting in measurable positive business results.
This is the role:
This position reports directly to the Warehouse Supervisor. The objective of the Forklift Operator is to load and ship the correct products in the correct quantities within given time frames without jeopardizing product quality or the environment.
- Operate a forklift/clamp truck safely
- Understand Lock Out Procedures
- Ensure Shrink wrapper is set to make a tight wrap without melted holes; ensure all four corners are covered
- Ensure Bundler is set to make tight bundles of the correct number of packs within the specified width
- Take care in handling finished product so as not to damage it
- Ensure products are labeled correctly Be accountable for the quality and quantity of product
- Ensure a clean and tidy workplace for efficient and safe operation Ensure all damaged or other waste products are removed to the granulating station and reported to the Line Operator Repack multi-wrapping when required and move to repacks to the Warehouse
This is what you offer:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Must be self-motivated with the drive to complete loads in a fast-paced environment
- Must work well under pressure with minimal supervision
- Successful completion of companysponsored Warehouse training course and tests
- Must have the ability to read and understand written instructions/procedures
Join a rapidly growing stable organization that offers a range of career development opportunities with a comprehensive salary and benefits package.